It is competition time!
Are you a keen photographer who enjoys capturing your adventures in valley on camera? Then this is the competition for you!
To help raise funds for NVT’s conservation efforts, a group of valley residents are kindly running a photo competition for a Nature’s Valley calendar. All proceeds from calendar sales will go towards our research and education programmes. Here is how it works:
- All photos must be taken with a cell phone.
- Older photos will be accepted as long as they were captured with a cell phone.
- The photos must be in landscape orientation.
- Photos must be 1MB or larger in size.
- A maximum of 3 entries per person is allowed.
- Email your photos by clicking here or by copying firstname.lastname@example.org into you email "to" field.
- Geographic boundaries for competition: from Salt River (West), to Western Cape side of Bloukrans pass (East), up to but not above the N2 (North) and down to the coastline (South).
- No professional photographers may enter.
- Closing date: 15th July 2021
- Capture different aspects of NV and surrounds and what the area means to you. Photos do not all have to be nature or conservation focused.
- If you are struggling to email your entries to us via your phone, please pop into the NVT office or give us a call on +28 (0)44 531 6820 so we may assist you.
- In August we will have an exhibition in the church hall showcasing the best 50 entries after which judging will take place and 12-13 photos will be selected for the calendar.
Although this is a fundraising event for NVT, we would like to emphasize that the most important aspect of this competition is to build community spirit and increase Nature’s Valley’s profile as a top holiday destination. We want the calendar to capture everything Nature’s Valley is about from the beautiful landscapes and nature to the special family moments shared.
*Please note - upon entry of your photographs, you give NVT permission to hold copyright over your photograph to make use of both commercially and non-commercially. The owners of the photographs selected will be sent a release form before printing of the calendars.